Saturday, June 25, 2011

What Matters?

Alright, this may get a little jumbled, so be warned and prepared. ;)
  I think by now it is safe to say that my new meds are indeed working.  I had an anxious day this week, that would've normally turned into a horrible day with some kind of meltdown in the mix.  That wasn't the case this time. Praise the Lord God Almighty!! He is good! I was frustrated, yes, but I just dealt with it and it turned out to be no big deal...and that right there IS a big deal!
  On to other news.  I facebook chatted today with an old friend. Why is that newsworthy? I'm glad you asked.   I have not done that in years.  In fact, I avoid things like that and I don't text- (but that's b/c I don't want to pay the extra charge).  I do care about the person I was chatting with and wanted to know what was going on with their life.  Why do I not make time to do that more often? Or at least write long emails to stay connected?  I know why I don't call people, I'm not going there today.  I know part of it is because I am selfish and want to sleep when Lydia sleeps. (PS- she sleeps at night, but I don't...well). Another part, is that I don't want to sound creepy or nosey. I think that is hard to avoid sometimes, although it may just be in my head.  I had a friend tell me in highschool that I was very nosey and she did not want to be my friend anymore.  I admit, I can be nosey, but I know that I'm much less nosey now and much more concerned for people.  In fact, I would say this person is much more nosey- so childish.  I really need to let that go.  Anyway, I was glad I chatted today and caught up. It warms my heart and now I know what I can pray for specifically for this person and that's pretty cool.
 

1 comment:

  1. Girl, she needs to meet someone who IS nosey - send her my way! Then, she won't have a thing to say to you. And, besides, she was just jealous because she wasn't brave enough to ask great questions or thoughtful enough to wonder or ask how someone else was doing.

    ReplyDelete