Saturday, August 27, 2011

Early Preparation?

I sort of feel like my heart's ties are shifting a little bit, like maybe God is working on me slowly so I won't totally flip out if we do indeed move when Brad graduates.  A couple of things got me to thinking this way. 1) We visited some friends who used to live in Jax, but now live in AL.  I couldn't believe how comfortable I felt in their home and how much my heart ached when it was time to leave.  That is not like me. It's been a week and I still miss them like crazy and want to go back- again, not like me. 2) Many of my fellow instructors and friends went to TX this weekend for an amazing quarterly with the big dawgs of New Zealand (where the programs I teach are created).  I wanted to go, but didn't want to dish out the money from savings.  In most cases, I would be bummed, especially seeing the constant fb updates and pictures.  This time around, I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm totally fine. I had a great morning teaching classes and a wonderful day with my family. Now, when they all come back with inside jokes I may feel a little left out, but that shouldn't be too bad.
I don't know if what I'm thinking is true at all of course, but at least it's positive. I'm sticking with it for that reason...the flip side is not pretty. Just not caring and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment