Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I DO love God!

Strange title, right? Well, I've been going back and forth about this blog...it was intended as a way for me to "get things out" without being a Debbie Downer to everyone, but even on here I don't want to be seen that way.  I have wonderful hope in me b/c I have been saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and he lives in me!! So I decided that hey, it's my blog, I can go back and forth with it and write whatever I want to!! :D
Okay, back to the title.  Recently, I was at a women's bible study and we were watching a Beth Moore message about things that hold us back. She mentioned that for a lot us, we may *think* we love God, but if we look at how we think about and treat others that we love, God just doesn't match up.  Really gets you thinking.  Now, I will admit that I have a long way to go in my love relationship with the Lord, but I know it's there.  He is always on my mind, and I speak to Him constantly.  Not as great at listening constantly, but I'm a work in progress.  I think dealing with depression has definitely deepened my love for the Lord, b/c He alone, has given me hope in my darkest moments. People definitely help and I am so grateful for the wonderful people in my life, but ultimately, it is God who pulls me up when I've hit rock bottom.  When I think about this, I can't help but smile. The Lord is my hope and my salvation! Praise be to God!

2 comments:

  1. I reflected on this a lot shortly after Ms. Barbara passed. Her family kept mentioning how everyone who ever met Barbara could testify of her love for God, and devotion to Him. She was a lady that lived and breathed for Christ, even so much that in the briefest of conversations--she'd still find a reason to express her faith and love. It made me reflect on my own self and insecurities, and resolve to let nothing stand in the way of my testimony. To love others no matter how I or they may be feeling/acting at the time, and to wear my testimony on my sleeve. Again--definitely not perfect at this, but, I know gaining an awareness and making a resolution to try our best makes a big difference. Thanks for the reminder! And, I love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jac, I just read this and I love you too. :) Ms. Barbara had such an authenticity about her...no over the top bubbly fake stuff. I think you have that realness too. Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete